Provided by Greater Toronto Airports Authority/CNW
The Best Large Airport in North America is getting better.
TORONTO, April 29, 2019 /CNW/ – Toronto Pearson is thrilled to launch its completely redesigned website, torontopearson.com. Recently voted the Best Large Airport in North America in Airports Council International’s (ACI) Airport Service Quality (ASQ) program, passengers count on Pearson as their global gateway to provide a smooth, safe and comfortable experience in the terminals. They will now enjoy the same digital experience on the go as they use torontopearson.com.
The new website vastly improves user experience by leveraging mobile-first, responsive design. Using bold photography, the new website will allow passengers to have a truly customized experience. The completely overhauled website includes:
- a new search feature that allows the individual, regardless of the section of the website they are on, to search the entire site for their inquiry, making finding information easier and faster;
- a Departures guide that provides a customized experience for each passenger. Travellers can input their flight number and the website will populate information regarding services available, security screening location, food and beverage, and retail options available to them before and after security;
- an Arrivals guide provides passengers with instructions on Canadian Customs, retrieving luggage, and options to get them to where they’re going from the airport;
- a redesigned Connections guide provides step-by-step directions for a passenger’s entire connection journey, giving information on baggage claim, security screening and customs process for a clear idea of what to expect; and
- the Community hub focuses on how Toronto Pearson engages with the community, our environmental initiatives, Propeller Project and our community events.
“Designed with input from our passengers, airline and business partners, and community members, the all new torontopearson.com provides tailored, timely information about travelling through Toronto Pearson, as well as useful content for our neighbours and stakeholders,” said Martin Boyer, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA).
Hillary Marshall, Vice President, Stakeholder Relations and Communications, GTAA said, “This updated digital experience is a key step on our journey to become the best airport in the world, and demonstrates how you can count on Pearson to communicate in a way that is relevant, accessible and available anywhere.”
The new website, adhering to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA, is available in English and French.