Provided by Air Canada/CNW
Air Canada program voted by frequent fliers the fastest trending in the Americas
MONTREAL, April 30, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ – Aeroplan, Air Canada’s loyalty program, was recognized as upcoming and trending in the Americas in a survey of global frequent fliers by the Freddie Awards, an international award that recognizes top loyalty programs.
“We’re thrilled to receive this acknowledgment that Aeroplan is among the best at engaging members and delivers some unbeatable value,” said Mark Nasr, Vice President, Loyalty and eCommerce, Air Canada. “This provides more welcome momentum as we move closer to launching a more rewarding loyalty program in 2020. The Freddie Awards celebrate the best in loyalty programs and we’re pleased to see our ongoing efforts to strengthen our program recognized by our own members.”
At a ceremony for the Freddie Awards in Dallas April 25, Air Canada’s Aeroplan was presented with the 210 Award for the airline in the Americas whose program value vote rating was trending higher. The awards this year were based on 7.1 million ballots submitted by frequent travelers from 237 countries. Known as the “Voice of the Frequent Flyer”, the Freddie Awards were established in 1988 and are named for Freddie Laker, who revolutionized the global travel industry in the 1970s.
The Freddie Awards are the latest awards to be won by Air Canada, which was rated the Best Airline in North America at the 2018 Skytrax World Airline Awards and remains the only Skytrax Four Star international network carrier in North America. Other recent awards include:
- Skytrax – Best Airline Cabin Cleanliness in North America 2018
- PAX International Readership Awards – Outstanding Food Service by a Carrier in North America and Best Business Class Amenity Kit in the Americas
- TripAdvisor Traveller’s Choice Awards – Best Business Class in North America
- Business Traveler USA – Best North American Airline for International Travel and Best North American Airline for Inflight Experience
- Frequent Business Traveler GlobeRunner Awards – Best Airline in the Americas and Best Business Class Airport Lounge (both awards shared with Star Alliance partner United Airlines)