Provided by Air Canada/CNW
MONTREAL, May 17, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ – Air Canada has won two top prizes at the Global Traveler 2019 Leisure Lifestyle Awards honouring the best in the world of leisure and lifestyle travel. The carrier was voted Best Premium Economy Class and Best for Onboard Entertainment by readers of the well-regarded travel magazine.
“Engaging customers and service excellence are key priorities for Air Canada. Therefore, we are delighted to receive two top honours, for our Premium Economy class and onboard entertainment, from the discerning readers of Global Traveler, whose extensive travels ideally position them to evaluate our industry. We are pleased they appreciate the hard work and dedication of our employees in providing a superior customer experience and our ongoing investments in our products to ensure we continue to deliver the best in the industry,” said Andrew Yiu, Vice President, Product at Air Canada.
“Congratulations to Air Canada on its duo of wins in this year’s seventh annual Leisure Lifestyle Awards,” said Francis X. Gallagher, publisher and CEO, Global Traveler. “Air Canada’s exceptional service and product are not to be overlooked, and our readers, frequent luxury travelers, know the best of the best. It’s clear with these two wins in this year’s survey that Air Canada is among the elite.”
Global Traveler conducted a survey of its readers between Oct. 1, 2018 and Jan. 31, 2019, with open-ended questions for the best in many categories of leisure, luxury and lifestyle travel. This survey ran in the magazine, as an insert to subscriber copies, as a direct mail questionnaire, online and via email. Only those questionnaires where more than 50 per cent of the questions were completed were counted. Surveys completed by employees of the magazine or individuals associated with the travel industry were not accepted.
The Global Traveler awards are the latest awards to be won by Air Canada, which was rated the Best Airline in North America at the 2018 Skytrax World Airline Awards and remains the only Skytrax Four Star international network carrier in North America. Other recent awards include:
- The Freddie Awards’ 210 Award for the airline in the Americas whose loyalty program value vote rating was trending higher, recognizing the growing appeal of Aeroplan
- Skytrax – Best Airline Cabin Cleanliness in North America 2018
- PAX International Readership Awards – Outstanding Food Service by a Carrier in North America and Best Business Class Amenity Kit in the Americas
- TripAdvisor Traveller’s Choice Awards – Best Business Class in North America
- Business Traveler USA – Best North American Airline for International Travel and Best North American Airline for Inflight Experience
- Frequent Business Traveler GlobeRunner Awards – Best Airline in the Americas and Best Business Class Airport Lounge (both awards shared with Star Alliance partner United Airlines)