Provided by Air Canada/CNW
- Aeroplan now offers the most flexible flight reward policies of any Canadian loyalty program
- Improvements to Aeroplan are part of Air Canada’s promise to build the most rewarding program in the country, launching in 2020
MONTREAL, July 17, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ – Air Canada has revealed changes to Aeroplan that mark the beginning of many improvements being planned as it moves toward launching its new loyalty program in summer 2020. Designed to make Aeroplan more flexible and member-friendly, the changes to its flight rewards include: full refunds within 24 hours of booking, the option to refund your flight reward up to two hours before departure, a reduction of the aeroplan.com refund fee and complimentary changes and refunds for Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K members.
“Choice and flexibility are at the core of our loyalty plans, so we’re excited to introduce the first of many changes for Aeroplan Members as we work to create the best travel loyalty program,” said Mark Nasr, Vice President, Loyalty and eCommerce, Air Canada. “As Aeroplan celebrates its 35th anniversary this month it provides a strong foundation for our new program. The changes we are announcing today will provide members with more flexibility and peace of mind while still delivering the same unbeatable value so they can reach their travel goals.”
In order to provide greater ease and flexibility, Aeroplan Members’ new options include:
- Complimentary, full refunds within 24 hours of booking: Aeroplan Members will be able to cancel and refund Flight Rewards for free within 24 hours of booking.
- Option to refund your Flight Reward up to two hours before departure: Previously, Aeroplan Flight Reward bookings could not be refunded within 21 days of departure. With these changes, Aeroplan Members will be able to cancel and refund their Flight Reward booking for a fee up until two hours prior to the departure time of the first flight in the reservation. This will apply to all bookings, including those made prior to the new policy coming into effect. Rather than keeping cancelled tickets open for future travel, Aeroplan Miles, taxes and fees will be refunded, and members may book new tickets anytime in the future, delivering greater convenience than before.
- Reduction of the aeroplan.com Refund Fee: Aeroplan will lower the Refund Fee from $150 to $125 for refunds completed via aeroplan.com. The new, lower fee will apply to all bookings, including those made prior to the new policy coming into effect. Aeroplan diamond status members will continue to enjoy lower fee amounts, and Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K members will not be charged the fee.
- New for Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K members, complimentary changes and refunds: Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K members will now receive complimentary changes to their Flight Reward bookings and refunds when they request a change or refund to their Flight Reward booking. These fee waivers will apply to all bookings, including those made prior to the new policy coming into effect.
For more information, click here.