Provided by Air Canada/CNW
MONTREAL, July 18, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ – Air Canada has been ranked among the 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ for the fourth year in a row for its commitment to employee engagement by Achievers, an employee social recognition company.
“We are thrilled with this recognition from Achievers as it affirms we remain on the right track fostering our employee culture to position Air Canada as a forward-thinking company. We believe culture is a competitive advantage, thus having an engaged workforce is an important business priority for us. We have continued to further evolve our culture to provide our 33,000 employees the opportunity to act as entrepreneurs and take responsibility as they deliver excellent service to customers. Our employees’ engagement is a significant reason why Air Canada was recently rated the Best Airline Staff in Canada in addition to Best Airline in North America by the widely-respected Skytrax World Airline Awards,” said Arielle Meloul-Wechsler, Senior Vice President, People, Culture and Communications at Air Canada.
The Achievers award is the most recent recognition Air Canada has received for human resources, corporate culture and employee engagement. Other awards this year include the following acknowledgements:
- Receiving the inaugural award for Diversity in Leadership at the 2019 Airline Strategy Awards presented in London, England. The prize recognizes an airline organization that promotes diversity among its senior leadership team;
- Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in Canada (2019) for the sixth consecutive year by Mediacorp Canada Inc for Air Canada’s unique employee support and engagement programs;
- Recognized as one of Montreal’s Top Employers for 2019 for the sixth consecutive year by Mediacorp Canada Inc. as having exceptional human resources programs and forward-thinking workplace policies, as compared to others in their industry and region;
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for 2019 for the fourth consecutive year by Mediacorp Canada Inc. Air Canada was recognized for its partnerships to create inclusive workplaces for employees from five diverse groups: women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBTQ2) people;
- Among the 20 most attractive company brands that Canadians want to work for and actively seek out when looking for work in Canada, according to the Randstad Employer Brand Research independent survey.
Additional information about Air Canada’s People and Human Resources is in the “Employees” section of the 2018 Corporate Sustainability Report at: www.aircanada.com/citizensoftheworld.