From Canadian North
An update on our response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
At Canadian North, the safety and well-being of our passengers, customers and employees is always our number one priority.
With this in mind, we would like to provide an update on the ongoing global response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and the proactive actions our team is taking to safeguard everyone within our care.
Last updated – Tuesday, April 7, 2020
Temporary travel restrictions
- Nunavik Lockdown Order CLICK TO EXPAND
- Nunavut travel prohibition CLICK TO EXPAND
- Northwest Territories travel prohibition CLICK TO EXPAND
Temporary changes to our passenger schedule, beginning Thursday, April 2, 2020
In response to decreased passenger demand due to the current travel restrictions put in place by the Government of Nunavut, Government of the Northwest Territories and the Kativik Regional Government, we have temporarily adjusted our passenger schedule.
You can find our most recent schedule here.
- We have decreased our frequency of passenger service on our Montreal-Kuujjuaq and Mackenzie Valley routes.
- We have temporarily suspended our Trans-Arctic route
- We have added a new connecting flights between Cambridge Bay, Rankin Inlet and Iqaluit
- We have adjusted our operating days and flight times on our Ottawa-Iqaluit route and all other Nunavut routes
These changes will not affect our cargo operations. We have taken steps to ensure the continued flow of food, medical supplies and other essential goods to all communities we serve and will carefully monitor our capacity.
Changes will be gradually rolled out beginning on Thursday, April 2, with the new schedule fully in place by Sunday, April 5. If you have any questions about your upcoming travel, please contact us at 1.800.267.1247 or firstname.lastname@example.org.