VANCOUVER, BC, May 12, 2021 /CNW/ – Avcorp Industries Inc. (TSX: AVP) (the “Company”, “Avcorp” or the “Avcorp Group”) today announced its financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2021. All amounts are in Canadian currency unless otherwise stated.
2021 First Quarter Highlights
- First quarter 2021 revenue was $23,933,000 compared to $40,205,000 in 2020. 2021 revenue decreased by $16,272,000, in comparison to 2020. Revenue was affected by lower customer requirements due to the Coronavirus (“COVID-19”).
- First quarter 2021 net income was $17,390,000 compared to net loss of $10,414,000 in 2020. The net income in the first quarter of 2021 was supported by the accommodation agreement.
- On March 12, 2021, the Company entered into a multiparty amended and restated Accommodation Agreement with a customer and Panta Canada B.V.
- Panta Canada B.V. has agreed to provide a USD $10,000,000 non-revolving standby loan facility and a USD $3,000,000 equipment loan for an aggregate availability of USD $13,000,000.
- The elimination of an unamortized cash advance, mutual release and forgiveness of certain historic and future guarantee fees payable to the customer, and a legal claim. The customer advance of $5,800,000 (USD $4,643,000), guarantee fee of $8,595,000 (USD $6,880,000), and a legal claim provision of $6,996,000 (USD $5,600,000) were released and included in the first quarter 2021 Net income.
- First quarter 2021 cash flows from operating activities were $1,603,000 compared to an outflow of $5,338,000 in 2020. The first quarter of 2021 cash flows from operating activities were supported by the receipt of Canada Emergency Wage Subsidies of $3,127,000.
- On February 25, 2021, the Company amended the Avcorp Composite Fabrication Inc.’s Gardena facility lease agreement effective January 1, 2021 to vacate certain buildings, reduce shared operating expenses, and set new lease terms.
- On March 15, 2021, the Company received a $2,532,000 (USD $2,000,000) second wave Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program Loan. The Company has recognized an estimated forgiveness of $1,224,000 (USD $967,000) in the current quarter as the company has satisfied the requirements of loan forgiveness.
Highlights Subsequent to Quarter-End
- The Company received Canada Emergency Wage Subsidies of $733,000 and Canada Emergency Rent Subsidies of $277,000 in April 2021.
Review of 2021 First Quarter Results
For the quarter ended March 31, 2021, the Avcorp Group recorded an operating income of $18,274,000 from $23,933,000 of revenue, as compared to an operating loss of $4,700,000 from $40,205,000 of revenue from the same quarter in the previous year. The first quarter of 2021 operating income increased in comparison to 2020 by $22,974,000 mainly attributable to the Accommodation Agreement settlement of $21,391,000 and the recognition of $3,231,000 government grants as other income in the current quarter, partially offset by a stock-based compensation expense of $1,376,000 on the 17,350,000 incentive stock options granted on March 19, 2021.
During the quarter ended March 31, 2021, cash flows from operating activities generated $1,603,000 as compared to utilization of $5,338,000 in 2020. The increase was attributed to the receipt of the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidies of $3,127,000 in the current quarter and the timing difference on accounts receivables collection. The increase was partially offset by the increase in inventory in the current quarter.
As at March 31, 2021, the Company had $8,305,000 cash on hand (December 31, 2020: $7,044,000) and had utilized $74,906,000 of its operating line of credit (December 31, 2020: $76,439,000). The balance of the net loss and related adjustments on modification of bank indebtedness as a result of executing an amending agreement in 2019 was $135,000 as at March 31, 2021 (December 31, 2020 $269,000). The Company has a working capital deficit of $56,569,000 as at March 31, 2021, compared with $77,780,000 deficit as at December 31, 2020. Working capital surplus/deficit is defined as the difference between current assets and current liabilities. The Company’s accounts receivable, government grant receivable, contract assets, and inventories net of accounts payable amount to a $39,157,000 surplus as at March 31, 2021 (December 31, 2020: $33,174,000 surplus). The Company’s accumulated deficit as at March 31, 2021 is $131,529,000 (December 31, 2020: $148,919,000).
The Avcorp Group designs and builds major airframe structures for some of the world’s leading aircraft companies, including BAE Systems, Boeing, Bombardier, Lockheed Martin and Subaru Corporation. The Avcorp Group has more than 65 years of experience, over 500 skilled employees and 560,000 square feet of facilities. Avcorp Structures & Integration located in Delta British Columbia, Canada is dedicated to metallic and composite aerostructures assembly and integration; Avcorp Engineered Composites located in Burlington Ontario, Canada is dedicated to design and manufacture of composite aerostructures, and Avcorp Composite Fabrication located in Gardena California, USA has advanced composite aerostructures fabrication capabilities for composite aerostructures. The Avcorp Group offers integrated composite and metallic aircraft structures to aircraft manufacturers, a distinct advantage in the pursuit of contracts for new aircraft designs, which require lower-cost, light–weight, strong, reliable structures. Comtek Advanced Structures Ltd., at our Burlington, Ontario, Canada location also provides aircraft operators with aircraft structural component repair services for commercial aircraft.